Monday, November 30, 2009

Snow day ;0)

OMG....It was so nice to wake up to the snow this morning!! I don't know about anybody else , but it puts me in the Christmas spirit. Looking out the window at all the snow made me think about my childhood...

The first thing that you did when you woke up , was listen to the radio to see if it was a snow day ..fingers crossed , and if you heard your school on the list you jumped for joy. Had some thing to eat and outside you went....building snowmen, making snow angels ,sledding and whatever else you could think of.. And if we were lucky enough to get a big dump then our next door neighbor Tommy would throw us in the ditch and we had to dig our selves out. by the time we did that 3 times we were wore out and it was time to head inside for some hot chocolate with marshmallows of course!!

We had a wood stove in our house and my mom would put the oven door down and lay a towel on top and we would put our feet up and warm them.
I can also remember it snowing so much that sometime there was only one lane open on the road...especially by the Septon's house.. Oh the memories, sometimes I would give anything to be back there!!!
I can remember once I threw a birthday party for Holly at our family's cabin in merland, there was still snow on the ground, so many people showed up , the cars were lined up a mile long. I remember the deck collapsing and everybodies booze went flying ...The next day when we went to look at the damage . I can remember finding tons of booze out side in then snowand thinking ..where are we going tonight girls . LOL

oh those were the days when we didn't have a care in the world....

I love the fact that when I look out at the snow it brings me right back there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment