Thursday, November 12, 2009

The little town that has......

I spent 24 years of my life in Antigonish, (to most martimers it's better known as Antigonowhere...)and the next 15 1/2 in Jasper. Don't get me wrong Jasper as been good to me, after all that's where I met the love of my life. I have 3 wonderful stepdaughters and an awesome job. I recently spend 2 months back in Antigonowhere and I have a new respect for the place, I'm not really sure what the population is (more in the fall and winter when STFX is in) ....and they have 2 huge grocery store.
I was in heaven. I could spend hours in them, I would go to Timmy's and grab a coffee and then off to Sobey's or Superstore and just walk around looking at everything . The produce section is amazing ,I can buy apples, oranges and just about any thing else I desire and not have to eat it that very same day for fear of it rotting. The bakery...let me just say OMG. and the Meat and Deli sections is as big as the grocery store that I live behind...seriously I'm not kidding. Here you can't even have 2 carts passing in the isle. Here there are 2 isles for potato chips , but the seafood section.....WHAT SEAFOOD SECTION. I can't even get ground turkey or chicken here because the butcher told me there isn't a big need for it, but apparently there is a big need for beef suet...who are they f#%*ing kidding.
I miss the deals too, the buy 1 and get 2 free is awesome. And that's just sobey's. Superstore is amazing...you can get anything ground that you want, clothing (love the Joe line). If you need a prescription filled , you can grocery shop while you wait. And if your sick, there is a dr's office upstairs. Seriously you could get everything you need in that one store...need a couch, pots and pans, or just outdoor furniture...that's the place to go. Here I can't get skim mozzarella cheese, but I can get rotten meat that they have marinated to try and pass it off...So I guess my point is ......I'm so jealous and have a new respect for the little town that has two huge grocery store

No comments:

Post a Comment